Monday, September 1, 2008

Online Audio of Beaux Arts Final Concert

The chamber music institution known as the Beaux Arts Trio (pianist Menahem Pressler, violinist Daniel Hope, and cellist Antonio Meneses) has performed their final US concert this past month. Pressler has been the mainstay of this group for just a mere 53 years! He is now 84 and, well, I certainly can't blame him for wanting to calm down in the touring and performance department.

American Public Media's Performance Today has audio clips available (plus a direct link to an iTunes podcast) of their final concert at Tanglewood, Massachussetts on August 21, 2008. I've no idea how long the audio will be available for free, but be sure to catch it before it disappears. The recording is refreshingly unedited and truly "feels" like a live concert. They perform the two gigantic Schubert piano trios, Op. 99 and 100. (To get directly to the performance, skip the announcer's intro of about 7 minutes.)

Since it is Labor Day here in the US, I think it is appropriate that I tip my hat to Menahem Pressler for his more than half-century dedication to the art and trade of chamber music performance. I can only hope that I can play chamber music for as long.

Thanks to Brad Robideau at APM for emailing me about this important event.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Justin. I’ve read that this sort of thing is easily found. It took me a lot of searching. Easy to do, unless you have to do it by the manual. online mass communication certificate | Web Development degree

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Justin. I’ve read that this sort of thing is easily found. It took me a lot of searching. Easy to do, unless you have to do it by the manual. online mass communication diploma | chemistry associate degree