Dr. Joshua S. Nemith, pianist
Education and Degrees Earned
· Doctor of Musical Arts (D. M. A.) in piano performance (cognate: electronic music composition), University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, 2004.
· Master’s (M. M.) in piano performance, University of Texas at Austin, 1997.
· Bachelor’s (B. M.) in piano performance, Eastman School of Music, 1995.
· Teachers: James Tocco, Michael Chertock, Nancy Garrett, Fernando Laires, David Burge, and Audrey Sherrill.
· Pedagogy: Michelle Conda, Martha Hilley, Sophia Gilmson, and Tony Caramia.
Teaching Experience and Recognitions
· Private Instructor, Slater Music Academy, Fort Thomas, KY. 2002-present.
· Adjunct Instructor, College-Conservatory of Music, Cincinnati, OH. Graduate Seminar course in 20th Century Piano Literature. 2004.
· Private studio instruction (all ages, beginning to advanced levels), Miami Beach, FL, 2000-01.
· Graduate teaching assistant in secondary piano, UC-CCM, 1998-2000. Michelle Conda, supervisor.
Group piano instruction to freshman, sophomore, and graduate music majors.
Private piano instruction to nonpiano music majors, all classes and levels.
Private piano instruction to nonmusic majors, beginning through intermediate.
· Finalist, UC-CCM Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant, 2000.
· Faculty, Musical Arts Center, Cincinnati, OH. Karl Resnik, director. Private studio of students of all ages (5-adult), beginner to late intermediate. 1997-2000.
· Instructor, Northern Kentucky University Preparatory Department. Toni Sholar, director. Summer 2000.
· Instructor, Children’s Music Association, Sharonville, OH. Paul Jolly, director. Teach group piano to children ages 4-17. 1997-98
· Graduate teaching assistant, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, 1996-97. Martha Hilley and Sophia Gilmson, supervisors.
Group piano instruction to freshman music majors and nonmusic majors.
Private instruction to nonpiano music majors, beginner to advanced.
Private instruction to nonmusic majors, beginner to advanced.
· Principal Keyboard, Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra, Dayton, OH. Neal Gittleman, music director. 2007-present.
· Principal Keyboard, IRIS Chamber Orchestra, Germantown, TN. Michael Stern, director. 2001-present.
· Accompanist/Organist, St. John’s Westminster Union Church, Cincinnati, OH. 2003-present.
· Substitute Keyboard, Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra, Dayton, OH. Neal Gittleman, music director. 2002-07.
· Keyboardist, Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra, Cincinnati, OH. Misha Santora, conductor. 2003-04 season.
· Piano Fellow, New World Symphony, Miami Beach, FL. Michael Tilson Thomas, artistic director. Chamber music, orchestral piano, and solo performances. 2000-02.
· Aspen Contemporary Ensemble Piano Fellowship, Aspen, CO. Sydney Hodkinson George Tsontakis, directors. Summer 1999.
· UT Austin New Music Ensemble, Dan Welcher, director. 1996-97.
· Solo, concerto, large ensemble, and chamber performances throughout the United States and abroad.
· Committee member, St. John’s Westminster Union Church Concert Series Committee, Cincinnati, OH. Larry Findlay, chair. 2003-present.
1. Prepare and plan for the professional five-concert season, contact artists, and
discuss logistical and financial arrangements for the season.
2. Attend monthly meetings.
3. Act as program director/planner and/or performer on a regular basis.
· Business administration assistant, CCM Summer Programs, 2001-04. Joan Van Brocklin, supervisor. Part-time. Duties and skills:
1. Organize records-keeping and processing of all funds transactions for CCM Summer Programs.
2. Process registrations for the programs that require it.
3. Participate in meetings with program directors and the Dean of Graduate Studies.
4. Prepare formal documents (spreadsheets, paylist master databases, balance reports, etc.)
5. Calculate and process payment for all presenters at each summer program.
6. Computer skills: Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.